- While Mark Sanchez performed well during his pro day workout, it doesn't seem like the Lions were necessarily checking him out as a potential No. 1 pick. Matthew Stafford, in Nicholas Cotsonika's opinion, at least, appears to be a better fit than Sanchez since the USC QB played in the West Coast offense. I don't really agree with that much, but I see where Cotsonika is coming from.
- The Lions also got a look at the many great USC linebackers during the school's pro day, but a bombshell was dropped last night. I can't vouch for the credibility of this site, but NFL Draft Bible is reporting that Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the combine, according to "various sources" that include a single NFL team. Like I said, I can't vouch for the credibility of the site, but this would not surprise me one bit. There have been whispers about Cushing for years, and this would be very unsurprising if it turns out to be true.
- NFL Draft Bible is also reporting that B.J. Raji, Vontae Davis, and Percy Harvin tested positive for marijuana at the combine. SI.com also reported that Raji tested positive for a drug, but they didn't specifically say it was marijuana. That is probably the case, though, considering Raji tested positive for marijuana in college. I don't really see this as a huge deal and doubt it will drop Raji very much, but it is definitely worth noting.
- SI's Don Banks has the Lions drafting Jason Smith and Rey Maualuga in his latest mock draft.
- Aside from trading for Jay Cutler, the Bears also signed Orlando Pace on Thursday.
Friday Notes: Cushing, Matthews Test Positive for Steroids?
By Sean Yuille