- First things first, it appears that the reports on NFL Draft Bible about the positive marijuana and steroids tests were false. The NFL released a statement refuting the reports, saying that teams haven't even been notified of positive tests yet. Clay Matthews' agent, Brian Cushing's agent, and Pete Carroll also refuted the report about the USC linebackers testing positive for steroids. Vontae Davis' agent issued a denial that his client tested positive for marijuana at the combine. Three players were named in one report and a kicker from UTEP was mentioned in a separate article about testing positive for marijuana.
- Offensive tackle Eugene Monroe visited the Lions on Friday.
- According to PFT, Andre Smith, an offensive tackle who saw his stock drastically drop after the combine, will meet with the Lions next week.
- While the reports from NFL Draft Bible may not be true, as many as 25 players reportedly will be on the final list of who did test positive for something at the combine.
- The Lions have the 21st-toughest schedule next season based on 2008's results.
- The Giants released Plaxico Burress.
Saturday Notes: Reports About Positive Steroid, Marijuana Tests Refuted
By Sean Yuille