Pro Football Talk is reporting that the Lions are "locking in" on Matthew Stafford. While this news wouldn't surprise me one bit (you would think negotiations would be escalating by now), I'm not completely convinced Stafford will be the pick. It seems likely, but maybe the Lions have finally perfected the game of spreading disinformation. I hope that is the case, anyways.
- The Lions signed offensive guard Matt Lentz on Tuesday. Lentz is a former Michigan Wolverine and has been a practice squad player in the NFL. He is likely nothing more than a training camp body that could end up on the practice squad.
- Gerald Alexander is happy to be participating in the Lions' conditioning program, another step in his return from a fractured vertebra.
- Jason Hanson is working out in the Lions' conditioning program for the first time in "seven or eight years" since he feels that it is important to "be with the guys."
- With the 33rd pick of the SB Nation Mock Draft, I selected offensive guard Duke Robinson. I contemplated whether or not I should go defense again and improve the secondary, but I felt like the cornerback position is deep enough to worry about that in the third-round. With offensive tackles running out, I opted to go with the top guard in the draft. Rather than move Jeff Backus, Robinson would probably be able to come in and be a starter from early on in his career, which is exactly the type of player the Lions need to draft with that pick.
- Jerry Jones is a fan of Matthew Stafford.