- The Lions are holding another OTA today. I believe the entire team -- both veterans and rookies -- will practice together for the first time next week.
- Even though Grady Jackson will likely be a starter at defensive tackle, don't expect him to get a ton of playing time based on what Gunther Cunningham said. He is probably going to be more of a situational player.
- Kevin Smith isn't backing down from his prediction that the Lions will make the playoffs.
- Daunte Culpepper broke his silence by talking with the Lions' official site.
- Zack Follett wants to take his wood carving skills to the NFL, where his client list would have a little more money to dish out.
- The Sporting News ranked the best receivers in the NFL, and Calvin Johnson only came in 11th. Braylon Edwards and Lee Evans are two of the WRs ranked ahead of him, which makes very little sense to me.
- Joe Barry, who is the Buccaneers' linebackers coach again, is actually moving back into the same house he lived in prior to taking a job with the Lions. (He rented it out instead of selling it.)
- The Free Press has a photo gallery of the Lions' Tony Filippis Memorial Bocce Tournament that took place yesterday.
- Jason Taylor signed a one-year deal with the Dolphins.
- Brian Griese is apparently going to be released by the Buccaneers later this week, and he may end up in New England. If that happened, the Patriots' entire QB depth chart could include former Michigan players. Like Griese, Tom Brady and Matt Gutierrez both went to Michigan, though Gutierrez transferred to Idaho State for his last season since Chad Henne became the starter.
- On an unrelated note, GO WINGS!
Thursday Notes: Lions Take Practice Field Today for Another OTA
By Sean Yuille