- Jeremiah Washburn has been hired by the Lions to be the team's assistant offensive line coach.
- Add Chris Kemme, an offensive tackle from Akron, to the list of undrafted free agents signed by the Lions.
- From what I've gathered, safety Louis Delmas was one of the most impressive players during the minicamp this weekend. Delmas showed off his playing and leadership skills and his confidence. He made many plays in the secondary on all three days and finally intercepted a Matthew Stafford pass at the very end of Sunday's practice. He had two picks during the four practices.
- Matthew Stafford also seemed to impress people during the camp. He made some mistakes, as expected, but for his first showing he was pretty good. Neither Jim Schwartz or Martin Mayhew wanted to discuss where Stafford will start out on the depth chart, but I imagine he'll be Daunte Culpepper's backup. Schwartz stressed that everyone has to earn their position on the depth chart, but I doubt Stafford will be behind Drew Stanton.
- DeAndre Levy didn't practice on Sunday due to an injury. He seemed to be comfortable in the middle, though he admitted "it's a challenge."
- Brandon Pettigrew and Lydon Murtha missed practice on Sunday and for most of Saturday due to a hamstring and back injury, respectively.
- Sammie Lee Hill has a lot of work to do since he didn't have great coaching or great competition in college. He certainly has lots of potential, though.
- Dave Birkett wasn't too impressed with the receivers at the minicamp.
- Veterans and rookies will come together on May 18 for the team's next workout.
- The Packers considered drafting Brandon Pettigrew with the No. 9 overall pick of the draft.
- Although the NFL continues to deny that they are interested in holding a Super Bowl in London, the city has officially launched a bid to bring the big game to England. As I said the first time this issue was discussed, the Super Bowl belongs in America.
- Jack Kemp, who was drafted by the Lions in 1957 and cut before the season even started, passed away on Saturday.
- My prayers go out to all of the people that were injured in the collapse of the Dallas Cowboys' practice bubble on Saturday.
Monday Notes: Wrapping Up Rookie Minicamp
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.