Training camp has been open to the public on select days the last couple of years, giving fans a chance to watch the Lions practice. This year is no exception, as fans will get plenty of opportunities to watch the Lions practice in person. Also, similar to what they did two years ago, the Lions will be taking a practice to Ford Field.
Here is the full schedule for open practices:
- Wednesday, August 5 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Thursday, August 6 (9 a.m.)
- Friday, August 7 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Saturday, August 8 (Lions Uncaged! presented by SVS Vision Optical Centers; Ford Field; Noon)
- Sunday, August, 9 (PM Practice, Time TBD)
- Monday, August 10 (AM Practice, Time TBD)
- Tuesday, August 11 (AM Practice and PM Practice, Time TBD)
- Wednesday August 12 (AM Practice, Time TBD)
- Thursday, August 13 (AM Practice and PM Practice, Time TBD)
- Monday, August 17 (PM Practice, Time TBD)
- Wednesday, August 19 (AM Practice, Time TBD)
- Thursday, August 20 (AM Practice and PM Practice, Time TBD)
If you're a season-ticket holder, you will also get to attend practice on August 1, 2, and 3, and if you are a sponsor or have a suite, you can go to the August 4 practice.
Gates open a half-hour before practice starts (except at Ford Field; see below), and the TBD times will be announced on the Lions' official website at least a day in advance.
As for the event at Ford Field, it is being called "Lions Uncaged! presented by SVS Vision Optical Centers" and will take place on Saturday, August 8. Ford Field's gates will open at noon and practice begins at 1 p.m. From noon to 12:45 p.m., an autograph session will take place, giving fans a chance to get up close and personal with the players.
To get tickets to the event at Ford Field, you have to go to an SVS Vision Optical Center. They are free, but part of the sponsorship, like last year, is that you have to go to the sponsor to get the tickets. Tickets will be made available beginning on July 29.