- The Lions released their training camp schedule to the media, and the first practice doesn't actually take place until Saturday (August 1). The players report on Friday, but they don't actually hit the field until Saturday.
- Tom Kowalski has the details of Daunte Culpepper's restructured contract, which really doesn't give him a whole lot of money until he officially makes the team.
- In case you still didn't believe that the Lions' weren't interested in Michael Vick, Jim Schwartz said it himself at the Buick Open Pro-Am today.
- As mentioned yesterday, Brett Favre has decided he will stay retired. I'm still expecting him to start to rethink his decision a few weeks from now, but I think the Vikings will have moved on by then. (Unless their QB situation sucks, which could cause the saga to continue.)
- Longtime Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson passed away yesterday.
- If any of you are in the Northern New York area, I will be going on ESPN Radio 1410 WNER around quarter to five today. I will be a guest on Matt Mc's Sports Fix to talk about the Lions. I don't think there is a link to listen live, but I will post audio of the interview when it is posted on their site.