- Daunte Culpepper's status for Thursday's preseason finale is unknown after he cut his toe at his house on Saturday and had to get eight stitches. He didn't practice today (obviously), and since the Bills game is only a few days away, I'd say his chances of playing are slim.
- As if that wasn't bad enough news, Drew Stanton also missed practice today because of "significant swelling in his knee." He was scheduled to have an MRI today, so we will have to wait and see how that turns out. If it is anything serious enough to keep him out of Thursday's game, the Lions are going to have to sign another quarterback. While Matthew Stafford did take every snap in practice today, you don't want him out there for all four quarters of the final preseason game. Most of the time starters play one series and nothing more in the preseason finale, and though Stafford isn't technically the starting QB, he is the only uninjured one right now (knock on wood).
- Free agent safety Lawyer Milloy worked out for the Lions this morning and took a physical. It looked like he was going to end up signing, but he and the Lions couldn't come to an agreement on his contract. He wanted more money than the Lions were willing to offer and decided to walk.
- More news from the free agent front is that defensive end Kevin Carter is leaning toward retiring rather than signing with anyone (the Lions could really use him at DE with Jared DeVries done for the year).
- I agree with Tom Kowalski's assessment of Louis Delmas; the rookie safety needs to slow things down and stop worrying about making a big hit on every play.
- Adam Schefter thinks Matthew Stafford will be the Lions' starter.
- With all of this unexpected news coming out, I decided to shelve the roster prediction until tomorrow, so look for it then.
Monday Notes: Culpepper, Stanton Injured; News on Two Free Agents
By Sean Yuille