- Ernie Harwell was honored before Sunday's game.
- Unsurprisingly, Jim Schwartz isn't about to yank Matthew Stafford after only two games.
- Cliff Avril talked about his injury in his latest blog post.
- ESPN's Kevin Seifert had this to say about Jeff Backus on the first play of the second half:
I have no idea what left tackle Jeff Backus was doing for any part of the first play of the second half. He lined up across from Allen -- with no tight end help -- but never took a step to block Allen at the snap. Allen sacked Stafford untouched, forcing a fumble. Backus was facing the play at the time but made no move to recover the fumble, acting as if he thought the play was dead. (Finally, tight end Brandon Pettigrew fell on the ball.) Did Backus hear a whistle? Did he think that tailback Kevin Smith was going to block Allen? All the way around, a bizarre and crucial play for the Lions.I still have to go back and look at the tape, but something went drastically wrong on that play and it really doomed the Lions for the rest of the game. I don't know who is to blame just yet, but there's no excuse for letting Jared Allen run cleanly at Matthew Stafford.
- Speaking of Jared Allen, he's sort of a douche.
- Charles Rogers pleaded guilty to operating a vehicle while impaired.
- The Redskins' offensive line is a bit banged up.
- You know that video I posted yesterday of a drunk chick getting arrested at the Lions game? Well, she had some reason to be upset about halfway through the video, as some old guy got a handful during the altercation (click to enlarge).