- Zack Follett was released from the hospital today and is on his way back to Detroit. Jim Schwartz wasn't sure how long Follett will be sidelined because of this injury, but he did say that it wasn't related to a concussion. Adam Schefter reports that Follett suffered a "stinger."
- Shaun Hill was scheduled to have surgery on his broken left forearm today. He will be out at least a "few weeks."
- Right now it's not clear if the Lions will sign another quarterback to add depth to the position. Schwartz made it sound like the Lions would move forward with only Matthew Stafford and Drew Stanton if Stafford "looks like he’s going to be fine," but he later said that a move may be made regardless. The Lions had only two healthy quarterbacks on the roster after Stafford got hurt, so it's not like that is out of the question with Hill out.
- The helmet-to-helmet hit Follett suffered was just one of many that happened during Sunday's games. As a result, many are calling for the NFL to step up its punishment of helmet-to-helmet hits with suspensions or even ejections. I'm not sure if you can eliminate them no matter what, but discouraging players from hitting helmet-to-helmet seems necessary going forward.
- Cliff Avril explained his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by calling it "foolish" and saying that he was being held a lot and let his frustration get the best of him.
- I didn't see this happen, but apparently Schwartz said something to Sheldon White, the vice president of pro personnel, during yesterday's game after Bryant Johnson dropped another pass. Schwartz declined to share what he said, but drops seem to be becoming more and more of a problem for the Lions, although they're nothing new for Bryant Johnson.
- You can check out a video of Calvin Johnson's 87-yard touchdown from Sunday's game here.
- Jamon Meredith was claimed off waivers by the Giants.
Lions Notes: Zack Follett Out Of Hospital; Shaun Hill Having Surgery
By Sean Yuille