- Jim Schwartz didn't name a starter at quarterback this week, but based on the fact that Drew Stanton was taking all the first-team reps at practice on Friday, I would assume he will make his third straight start. Shaun Hill is listed as questionable, but I don't think he will be back until next week at the earliest.
- The NFL rescinded its fines against Stephen Peterman for his chop block penalties against the Jets. Apparently the NFL said that he never actually committed the penalties called against him, so the pair of $5,000 fines were erased. I'm not sure why it took this long to make that determination, but I guess we should be expecting to hear about how Ndamukong Suh's fine was rescinded sometime around the Super Bowl.
- It looks like Bobby Carpenter will get his first career start at linebacker for the Lions tomorrow, as he is expected to replace Landon Johnson in the starting lineup. Johnson is sick and is still recovering from the neck injury he suffered last week.
- It's unclear why, but Jim Schwartz apparently chewed out the team after Thursday's practice.
- An AFC scout said that Ndamukong Suh is "already one of the best defensive linemen in the league." An NFC scout compared him to Joe Greene and Reggie White.
- The Lions In Winter had a chance to interview Jahvid Best earlier this week.
- Louis Delmas will likely have surgery on his groin injury this upcoming offseason.
- Sunday's game will be the Buccaneers' seventh straight blackout. Yikes.
- Kyle Vanden Bosch has brought a lot to the Lions this season, both as a player and a mentor for fellow defensive linemen.
- In Don Banks' draft redux, he has the Lions picking Ndamukong Suh and Hillsdale offensive tackle Jared Veldheer (he has the Dolphins picking Jahvid Best at No. 28).
- Minnesota is going to start Joe Webb at quarterback this week. Tarvaris Jackson was placed on injured reserve (he couldn't even get a streak of consecutive starts going) and Brett Favre is still out. By the time Minnesota plays Detroit in two weeks it's possible Favre could be back, but even if he is I really like the Lions' chances of winning that game.
- In other NFC North news, Aaron Rodgers is out this week because of the concussion he suffered against the Lions last Sunday.
- The Redskins have benched Donovan McNabb and will start Rex Grossman on Sunday. What a clusterfuck the Redskins are right now.
Lions Notes: Starter Not Named For Sunday; Stephen Peterman's Fines Rescinded
By Sean Yuille