- My pick in the 2010 SB Nation Mock Draft was posted earlier this week on Mocking The Draft. Unsurprisingly I selected Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. As soon as I saw that the Rams took Sam Bradford, my decision was made. There are a lot of great players at the top of the draft, but for me Suh stands above all of them.
- As mentioned in a FanShot, free agent cornerback Dante Wesley reportedly visited the Lions on Thursday. Wesley is a former Carolina Panther, meaning Danny Crossman is probably the reason the Lions are showing interest in him.
- Kevin Smith talked about a variety of topics on his blog, including where he's at in the healing process, how rehab has humbled him, and what the status of his injured shoulder is.
- Ticket sales for next season are going well, according to Tom Lewand.
- Also according to Tom Lewand, training camp will for sure be staying in Allen Park this summer.
- The following eight players will reportedly be attending the draft: Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Russell Okung, Derrick Morgan, Dan Williams, Trent Williams, Eric Berry, and Jared Odrick. Others have been invited, but so far only these eight have decided to attend the draft.
- The Rams are starting to get the negotiations process started with potential No. 1 picks.
- Rumors have been swirling in the last few days about Donovan McNabb and the possibility that he could be traded. It's tough for me to even keep track of all the developments, so I suggest visiting Bleeding Green Nation for all of the latest news on McNabb and the Eagles.
- Lots of first-round prospects in this year's draft have been flagged for using marijuana. Pot use among football players, especially ones coming out of college, is nothing new. This year, however, the number of players that have been flagged for it is up.
- Charlie Batch re-signed with the Steelers for two more years.
- JaMarcus Russell reportedly weighs 290 pounds, which is about how much Daunte Culpepper weighed when he first joined the Lions in 2008.
- SB Nation has partnered with the National Football Post.
- I just want to give a big thanks to all of you for making this the biggest month traffic-wise in Pride of Detroit history, and we still have a few more days to add on to the new record (currently close to 480,000 page views). This new record eclipsed the traffic in April 2009, which was off the charts (close to 470,000 page views) because of the draft and the Lions releasing their new logo/uniforms. One day of over 80,000 page views contributed greatly to that record (the day the new logo/uniforms came out), whereas this new record was a consistently big effort all month thanks mainly to free agency and all of the moves that have been made by the Lions. Thanks again and here's to April 2010 shattering the record yet again!
Saturday Notes: POD Selects Ndamukong Suh in SBN Mock Draft
By Sean Yuille