- Kyle Vanden Bosch welcomed Ndamukong Suh back to Allen Park with a text message and Kevin Smith welcomed Jahvid Best by meeting with him and telling him not to be nervous. It's great to see that the veterans are reaching out to the rookies like this, especially with Smith and Best since they will be battling for a starting job at the same position.
- Suh matched up against Stephen Peterman during the team-wide drill.
- Gosder Cherilus took part in Tuesday's OTA, well ahead of schedule of his anticipated return from arthroscopic knee surgery. He only did the individual drills, but it's still good that he's back on the field already.
- Tony Scheffler was stuck on the sideline once again. He still has a boot on his right foot, so it's unclear just when he will be healthy enough to participate in the Lions' OTAs. The same goes for Ko Simpson and Dennis Northcutt, who also missed the OTA.
- The Lions are ranked 24th in Peter King's early power rankings, ahead of the Bears, which came in at 25th.
- The Lions raised around $75,000 at their bocce ball tournament.