- Ndamukong Suh was excited to get back on the football field last weekend, as was Caleb Campbell.
- The Lions' next OTA that will involve rookies is May 17 (the entire team will come together on that day). Until then, the rookies will be busy studying the playbook.
- Pittsburgh cornerback Aaron Berry, who signed with the Lions as an undrafted free agent, played extremely well during the first day of the minicamp. He had to sit out the second day with an injury, though.
- Amari Spievey didn't practice last Friday because of "some tightness in his hip flexors."
- Since injuries thinned out the numbers a bit in the secondary, Maryland defensive back Richard Taylor joined the minicamp on Saturday.
- Jason Fox practiced during the individual drills, but not the team drills.
- Jim Schwartz closed out the rookie minicamp by thanking the players for their effort.
- Taylor Bennett, a quarterback who tried out for the Lions this past weekend, was Calvin Johnson's roommate at Georgia Tech for three years.
- Lions coaches put Willie Young's locker right next to Kyle Vanden Bosch's, which should give the rookie plenty of great learning opportunities.
- Tim Toone joked about the No. 81, which he wore in college and Calvin Johnson wears for the Lions.
Rookie seventh-round draft pick Tim Toone, who wore No. 81 during his college career at Weber State, was asked if he [will] try to finagle the number away from receiver Calvin Johnson. "I don't have the money for that. I think I'll let him have it,'' Toone said, smiling. "Maybe I'll play him poker for it.''If it was a hair contest, I think it's safe to say Toone would be taking that number away from Calvin with ease.
- Jahvid Best thought Jim Schwartz's quote about watching his YouTube videos was funny.
- As you can imagine, Matthew Stafford is excited over how this offseason is playing out for the Lions.
- In case you missed it, Gunther Cunningham's "mystery linebacker" was revealed to be Utah's Koa Misi, who was selected by the Dolphins with the 40th overall pick.
- The Lions' official site has pictures from the first day of the minicamp.