- John Clayton thinks the Lions "will be in the hunt" for safety Oshiomogho Atogwe, who will become an unrestricted free agent later today if the Rams don't increase the value of his tender to almost $7 million or if they don't work out a long-term deal. The initial offer he was tendered was worth only $1.226 million for one year, and today is the deadline for that offer to increase to nearly $7 million. If the Rams decide they don't want to do that and can't work out a long-term deal with Atogwe, then he will simply become an unrestricted free agent.
- Despite a sore hamstring, Eric King made some nice plays in one of last week's OTAs.
- Jon Jansen is going to be writing for the Free Press, and he talked about why he decided to play for the Lions in his first piece.
- Ndamukong Suh is continuing to get comfortable with the Lions' defensive scheme.
- Suh got to check out the Indy 500 on Sunday.
- Nate Burleson has pledged not to cut his hair until July, and his new dreadlocks are apparently a bit uncomfortable.
- An Australian sprinter wants to play in the NFL.
- New Jersey is understandably upset that everybody is calling Super Bowl 48 the "New York Super Bowl" despite the fact that the game will be played in NJ.
- The NFL's RedZone Channel is coming to stadiums next season.