- Can you feel it? We are just 11 days away from when players report to Allen Park for training camp, meaning we are 12 days away from the first practice. Right now we're still in the calm before the storm stage, but football is almost officially back.
- Roger Goodell is going to visit seven camps during August, but Allen Park is not on his travel schedule. He did make a surprise appearance at the Ford Field practice last year, though, so it's possible he could pop in for an hour or two one day.
- The Lions will not be punished for the fights that brought last month's minicamp to an early close.
- Terry Bradshaw is not a fan of Jimmy Clausen, but he likes what he sees in Matthew Stafford
"I think (the Lions) are doing the right thing with (Stafford)," Bradshaw said. "He looks like the kind of guy who gets into it and shows he's mad. That's a guy (Stafford) whose leading them. I like him. I like him a lot. I like what he brings. (The Lions) still have a long way to go, but they're definitely on the right track."I don't think there's any doubt that, on offense, this is already Stafford's team. He was a leader last year and as he gains more experience, his leadership will only get better and better.
- Proof of that comes in the form of Martin Mayhew's recent praise of Stafford.
- Drew Stanton likely won't be a Lion come this time next year, as we already knew.
- Zack Follett went back to "Camp Elevation" for a shoot with ESPN The Magazine.
- As Tom Kowalski pointed out, the Lions are interested in Chiefs safety Jarrad Page, but that doesn't mean that the Chiefs are interested in dealing him.
- Chris Spielman apparently got the biggest cheer out of all the players being inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame at a rally for them last week.
Monday Notes: Terry Bradshaw Is A Big Fan Of Matthew Stafford
By Sean Yuille