For the fourth consecutive year, the Lions are going to open up some of their training camp practices to the public. No tickets are required and entry to the practices will be free of charge. All you need to do is make sure to arrive early enough to get a spot at the Lions' facility in Allen Park, as there's room for only around 700 fans.
Here is the open practice schedule for this year's training camp:
- Wednesday, August 4 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Thursday, August 5 (9 a.m.)
- Friday, August 6 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Saturday, August 7 (Lions Uncaged! presented by Pepsi, Dunham’s Sports and Cottage Inn Pizza; Ford Field; 3 p.m.)
- Sunday, August, 8 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Monday, August 9 (9 a.m.)
- Tuesday, August 10 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Wednesday August 11 (9 a.m.)
- Thursday, August 12 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Monday, August 16 (3:15 p.m.)
- Tuesday, August 17 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Wednesday, August 18 (9 a.m.)
- Thursday, August 19 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
Just like last year, one of the open practices will be at Ford Field (the one on Aug. 7). That takes the weather out of the equation as practices that are moved inside at the Lions' facility in Allen Park are not open to the public. Usually there will be a couple practices every year that need to be moved inside because of rain and/or storms, resulting in them being closed to the public since there isn't room for fans inside the facility.
For more information about open practices, go to the Lions' official site.