- According to Jim Schwartz on Twitter, there will be two practices on Sunday and Monday, but only one practice on Tuesday. That one practice on Tuesday, however, will be the first day of full pads. A couple days ago, Schwartz mentioned that training camp will get underway on Saturday with a conditioning test in the morning and the first practice in the afternoon.
- Some interesting contract news from Adam Schefter:
Word on street: Some hiccups on way to a Rams-Sam Bradford deal. Lions-Suh deal moving slowly. Broncos getting close to signing Tim Tebow.The Lions still have up until Saturday morning to get Ndamukong Suh and Jahvid Best signed if they don't want them to miss any time, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned at this point.
- Schwartz believes the holdup with Suh is partly because of the holdup with the Rams and Sam Bradford.
- Speaking of Schefter, ESPN's training camp tour will take him to Allen Park on Sunday.
- Umpires will no longer be positioned in the defensive backfield, where they were vulnerable to colliding with players. Instead they will be 12-15 yards off the line of scrimmage in the offensive backfield. That puts them parallel with the referee, which will be a pretty big change, especially when it comes to spotting the ball.