- The Lions will get to know the 3-4 defense very well during the preseason, because every team they play uses that system. That's probably a good thing considering half the regular season schedule will involve a team that uses a 3-4 defense.
- Exhibition game or not, Ndamukong Suh is excited to play in a football game again. The same goes for Matthew Stafford, who hasn't played in a game since Dec. 6.
- Stephen Peterman is ready to get back to game speed, as he hasn't played since last November.
- Cliff Avril is impressing many, including Gunther Cunningham.
- Bryant Johnson is having a much better camp with the Lions this time around because he isn't injured. Last year, if you remember, he got hurt in a golf cart accident and missed a couple weeks of practice.
- Dennis Northcutt and Shaun Hill worked on routes and their timing for 10 extra minutes after practice on Thursday.