- The Lions broke training camp on Wednesday, meaning the players were allowed to check out of the team hotel. As the Lions head into the final week of the preseason, they will start to get on a schedule more like what they will experience during the regular season.
- Louis Delmas missed practice on Wednesday to get a day to rest and then was back on the field on Thursday. The plan is for him to play today, so barring any last-minute setbacks, he should be on the field. This is what Jim Schwartz had about him on Twitter a couple days ago:
We sat Delmas out of practice yesterday so he could get good work in today. He finished practice & is right on track. Everything looks goodThat's definitely good to hear, and it will definitely be a good sign if he is on the field today.
- Calvin Johnson was back at practice on Wednesday after missing both of Tuesday's practices.
- Sammie Hill and C.C. Brown missed practice on Thursday, as did Lawrence Jackson, Aaron Berry and Jack Williams.
- Dennis Northcutt is going to get more reps during today's game than he has in the first two of the preseason.
- Jason Hanson will take part in warm-ups before the game, but he will not play. Chances are we will see him during game action on Thursday against the Bills.
- The Texans and Seahawks also put in a claim for Tyler Polumbus, who ended up with the Lions because their priority on the waiver wire is higher.
- Three defensive linemen were worked out on Thursday. (Jaron Baston likely was one of them, as he signed a couple days ago.)
- Before returning to football, Paul Pratt was working at a fitness center.
- Three former Lions made Sports Illustrated's best NFL player by jersey number list -- Barry Sanders, Doak Walker and Alex Karras.
- Jon Jansen thinks an 18-game NFL schedule is inevitable.
- Tatum Bell recently got cut by a UFL team. Ouch.
Lions Notes: Louis Delmas Expected To Play Today
By Sean Yuille