- Dante Wesley has moved from cornerback to safety.
- Calvin Johnson had a lot of interesting things to say about a variety of topics after practice yesterday.
- Jim Schwartz likes what he sees in undrafted free agent cornerback Aaron Berry.
"Berry gets his hand on the football just about every single period. You know, he’s small but he has a lot of confidence. He goes out, he plays all the coverage’s, he competes, and he has a short memory. He’s been beat a couple times but that doesn’t force him to play less aggressive. He’s had a good start to camp – he’s in the same place a lot of rookies are – but he’s had a good start to camp."Out of all the UDFAs, Berry seems like he has the best chance to make the team. Cornerback, while it has players expected to make the 53-man roster, has loads of question marks. That uncertainty means that someone like Berry could play his way onto the team with a solid preseason and training camp, and so far all indications are that he's on the right track.
- Although he hasn't been able to practice, Louis Delmas is still participating in every play in his own way from the sideline.
"Well, they all are supposed to know the call on every single play. It’s easier when you’re going in to practice on the next rep and you’re staying up but it’s a lot more difficult when you know that you’re not practicing at all that day. But Louis wants to know the call not only for himself but he wants to watch the other players and be able to help those guys out. That’s an important part of what he does. He’s an emotional player, has a lot of good leadership qualities and we need to play with his personality on defense."Delmas is without a doubt one of this team's biggest leaders on defense, which is pretty good for a guy only entering his second season in the league.
- With DeAndre Levy out with an injury yesterday, Vinny Ciurciu stepped in to practice with the first team. Interesting.
- Kyle Vanden Bosch is exactly the player the Lions' defense needs, as he is not only a great leader, but he is also setting a positive example for his teammates with the way he conducts himself on and off the field.
- Nate Burleson has a lot of faith in the Lions' group of receivers.
- Shaun Hill likes his role with the Lions as Matthew Stafford's backup.
- Tim Twentyman has a breakdown of every play from Sunday's seven-on-seven drill.
- Jahvid Best got the Dez Bryant treatment and had to carry Dre' Bly's pads and helmet the other day. Unlike Bryant, Best went along with it.
- Chris Houston said that he's never been on Twitter, so that account in question is definitely a phony. Some people need to get a life.