- Ndamukong Suh practiced with the first-team defense yesterday. That meant that Sammie Hill was demoted to the second team, allowing Suh and Corey Williams to practice together as the D's defensive tackles.
- Suh's conditioning test was the same as the one Albert Haynesworth has failed multiple times over the last week. Suh's times were 65 and 67 seconds, although it isn't known how much time he had to rest in between runs.
- During the test, his teammates were cheering him on, and upon completion, he got to carry the helmets of Kyle Vanden Bosch and Cliff Avril. Even though his contract is enormous, he is still technically a rookie.
- Vanden Bosch also gave Suh a pep talk at some point during practice yesterday. At this point I would be surprised if KVB isn't a captain, because every day we hear about how great of a leader he is.
- Suh weighed in at 305 pounds, but he joked after practice that he probably was down to 300 after sweating so much from the hot and humid weather.
- Suh battled with Stephen Peterman for much of today's practice.
- Jim Schwartz said "there is concern" over players missing time, but he thinks Suh will catch up on everything pretty quickly.
- NFL.com has video of Suh talking after Wednesday's afternoon practice.
- Dominic Raiola was asked yesterday about what he would tell Suh when he arrived to camp.
'I'll tell him congratulations. No hard feelings. Finally, that's what I've been looking forward to, him doin his thing.'Raiola, of course, made no bones about the fact that he wanted Suh to sign his contract and get to camp.
Lions Training Camp Notes: Ndamukong Suh Edition
By Sean Yuille