- The early favorite for NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year has to be Jahvid Best. In his first two games in the NFL, Best has combined for 268 yards and five touchdowns. Not only that, but with his performance against the Eagles, he became the first rookie in NFL history to rush for more than 75 yards, gain more than 150 receiving yards and score three touchdowns in a single game. Now you can see why the Lions traded up to get him in the draft back in April.
- Because the Eagles won on Sunday, Ernie Sims snapped a personal 29-game losing streak. Although the Lions won two games last season, he was injured for both of them, meaning when you counted the Eagles' Week 1 loss, he was on the wrong side of the scoreboard 29 straight times in games that he actually played in. Ouch.
- Since starting 6-2 in 2007, the Lions have a record of 3-39. Now excuse me while I go cry in the corner.
- Derrick Williams was installed as the Lions' No. 3 quarterback just in case both Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton got hurt on Sunday.
- Ndamukong Suh is the new spokesman of Omaha Steaks.