- As Tom Kowalski points out, much is made over the 53-man roster, but the reality of the situation is that it will change quite a bit over the course of the season and even the next week or so. The first draft of the 53-man roster will generate lots of attention because of which players do and do not make the team, but it is merely the first of many changes that will be made to the roster over time.
- Warren Sapp broke down Ndamukong Suh's game for a segment on NFL Network. He seems to be a very big fan of Suh.
- Korey Bosworth broke his leg against the Bills, so I would imagine he will be waived/injured today.
- Louis Delmas, C.C. Brown, Jahvid Best, DeAndre Levy, Jeff Backus and Corey Williams didn't play against the Bills on Thursday. Some of those players are dealing with injuries, whereas others simply got the night off.
- NFL.com has the Lions as one of five new contenders for the next decade. I sure hope they're right.
- Bill Ford Jr. is very happy with the "new regime" that is leading the Lions.
- The Lions will have cheerleaders at their games this season -- unofficial cheerleaders, that is.
Lions Notes: Warren Sapp Impressed By Ndamukong Suh
By Sean Yuille