For more, visit the Lions' official site.
- On his feelings about the return situation now that WR Stephan Logan has joined the team
- "He's a dual returner – returns kicks and punts. He has explosive ability; he has really good speed and the ability to go the distance; he's strong. He's small but he's strong; he's packed in there pretty tight for a 5-6 guy. The other tale of the tape with him is that he also contributes elsewhere on special teams. He has run down as a gunner; he runs down on kickoff cover; he's run down as a five on kickoff cover – which is one of the interior players. So he's got some toughness. He has some speed. Even though he's short, he doesn't play small. He plays tough.
"I think it adds a different dimension to us, No. 1 as he's a sure-handed guy, who's real natural at catching punts. He gets himself squared up really well, but also adds a little bit of explosive ability there, and has the chance to make a big play."
- On what RT Gosder Cherilus has done to earn a starting spot
- "I thought Gosder was very consistent. He had a very inconsistent spring mainly because of his knee. That was one thing that we went in not knowing how that was going to respond and not knowing exactly where he was. But from the beginning of training camp, I thought that Gosder was very consistent. He played very well in the preseason games and gave us a comfort level that he was ready to be the player that we thought he could be."
- On the acquisition of CB Alphonso Smith from Denver