- The Sporting News named Ndamukong Suh its 2010 NFL Rookie of the Year. Suh finished ahead of Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, Patriots cornerback Devin McCourty, Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant, and Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams. The award was voted on by NFL players, coaches and executives.
- Speaking of Suh, he tweeted this on Monday: "SUHccessful surgery. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes!!"
- Interesting stat from Dave Birkett: Detroit made a total of 23 changes to their 53-man roster after the final cuts were made.
- Former Lions player Tommie Boyd pleaded guilty earlier this week to one count of second-degree criminal sexual conduct.
- With an NFL lockout looming, could it be possible that the NFL Draft is held before free agency?
Lions Notes: Sporting News Names Ndamukong Suh Rookie Of The Year
By Sean Yuille