- Zack Follett's status for next season and beyond is extremely up in the air. He is continuing to rehab and is trying to work his way back, but his neck injury could threaten his career because the disc that received damage has very little space between it and his spinal cord right now. The possibility for paralysis exists if he returned to the game and received any more damage with the way his neck is right now, so there's no guarantee he will return to the NFL at all next season.
- Louis Delmas' gun was used in a road rage incident. Delmas was the passenger when Ravelle Sadler, a former teammate at Western Michigan, allegedly waved the gun at another car at 2:15 a.m. on Dec. 21. Delmas wasn't charged for the incident and charges aren't anticipated by the Canton police, but Sadler is facing three counts of assault with a deadly weapon, a felony firearms charge and a charge involving the carrying of a concealed weapon. Jim Schwartz said Monday that the Lions are aware of the incident, talked to Delmas about it and have no comment.
- DeAndre Levy and Louis Delmas are going to have groin surgery this offseason and Chris Houston is going to have shoulder surgery.
- Surgery isn't in the cards for Jahvid Best and his turf toes, but he apparently has been "encouraged" to stay off his feet for the next eight weeks. No wonder he struggled so much after getting hurt.
- Stephen Peterman may have foot surgery done this offseason.
- Julian Peterson, who was inactive on Sunday, was briefly at the Lions' practice facility on Monday and declined to comment on any questions. Tom Kowalski reports that there was an apparent incident at the facility on Saturday that led to him being inactive. Whatever happened, it's pretty obvious at this point that he won't be back next season, as the Lions are expected to release him.
- Cliff Avril is going to be a free agent this offseason, but he "definitely" wants to return to the Lions.
- How's this for an amazing stat: Detroit went 4-0 to finish the 2010 season. Before that they went 4-41 in their previous 45 games. Wow. (Via Kevin Seifert)
- Ndamukong Suh finished the season with 10 sacks. The NFL single-season sack record for rookie defensive tackles is 10.5, so Suh just barely missed it.
- Hall of Famer Charlie Sanders thinks Brandon Pettigrew, who broke many of his records this season, is the "most complete tight end in the league."
- Lawrence Jackson posted a pretty funny tweet on Twitter following the win over the Vikings: "Would like to say thx to @petecarroll for trading me...pete best thing you've done since the letter of intent to USC!!! Go Lions"
- Dominic Raiola said he would be a "depressed human being" if there is a lockout and no football next season.
- Peter King put the Lions 15th in his end-of-season rankings.
- New governor Rick Snyder was sworn in on Saturday and planned to watch the Lions-Vikings game on Sunday. He's definitely a sports fan, as he was spotted at a Michigan basketball game last month.
- Congrats to Elfuego51 for finishing on top of the standings in Pride of Detroit Pick'em.
- The Vikings, as expected, removed the interim tag from Leslie Frazier, making him their new head coach.
Lions Notes: Updates On Zack Follett, Louis Delmas, Julian Peterson, Others
By Sean Yuille