- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford practiced without gloves today, indicating his injured finger has healed to the point that wearing a splint is no longer necessary. The reason he was wearing gloves was to grip the ball since the splint made it difficult. Now that the gloves are gone, hopefully his inconsistent play as of late will disappear as well.
- The Lions were without Kevin Smith, Louis Delmas, Chris Houston and Lawrence Jackson during today's practice.
- The Lions will get a roster exemption during Ndamukong Suh's suspension, meaning they will be able to sign an extra player while he is gone.
- Kyle Vanden Bosch denied there is animosity toward Suh in the locker room.
- Mean Joe Greene made some insightful comments about Suh and the notion that he is a dirty player.
- Former Piston Isiah Thomas, who was a member of the "Bad Boys" teams, defended Suh earlier this week.
- Jim Schwartz discussed Suh's suspension on 97.1 The Ticket today.
- Pro Football Talk is reporting that Jahvid Best was removed from the draft boards of "multiple teams" in 2010 due to his concussion problems at Cal.
- NBC's Bob Costas went all "no fun police" on players who like to celebrate their touchdowns. Tony Scheffler is one of those players, and his celebration from the Buccaneers game was shown during Costas' "essay." Scheffler responded to Costas with a couple tweets on Sunday night: "Hey Bob Acostas, football is a GAME. It's supposed to be fun. Quit being such a downer. You're an entertainer. .........stick to the winter Olympics, boob, I mean Bob." Amen.
- Corey Hilliard, who is from New Orleans, was a big Saints fan growing up.
- Gunther Cunningham recently said there is "no question" that Aaron Berry will be a starting cornerback in the future.
Lions Notes: Matthew Stafford No Longer Wearing Gloves
By Sean Yuille