- Jim Schwartz shrugged off a question about the missed facemask call on the final play of Sunday's game by saying this: "All I saw was the ball come out, I haven’t seen the replay. But don’t tell me about getting away with penalties."
DeAndre Levy, who got away with the facemask, had a similar answer to a question about the missed call: "I think they owed us one for the past 12 games."
All I can say is that considering all of the questionable calls the Lions have had to deal with over the last two seasons, it's nice that one finally went their way.
- After Sunday's game, Jared Allen said he was just joking when he made his negative comments about Detroit earlier in the week, and he also claimed they were referencing the weather rather than the people in the city. I don't buy it, but I can't say I'm surprised he's now backtracking.
- Based on a Twitter exchange between Stefan Logan and Brandon McDonald, it sounds like there's a good chance McDonald will be re-signed with Aaron Berry going down with a shoulder injury on Sunday.
- Before yesterday, the Lions hadn't scored 21 points in the first quarter of a game since Dec. 10, 1990, according to ESPN Stats & Info.
- Also from ESPN Stats & Info is this interesting tidbit: Before Sunday, the Lions hadn't scored 31 points in the first half of a game since 1985, when they racked up 31 first-half points against the Vikings. The Lions also pulled off that feat in 1981 against the Vikings.
- Tim Twentyman notes that the Lions have now scored four touchdowns on interception returns this year, which is their most in one season since 1970 and their second-most in franchise history.
- Dave Birkett has a recap of what Roger Goodell had to say to Lions season-ticket holders before Sunday's game.
- Luckily this isn't too relevant to Lions fans right now, but SB Nation's first 2012 NFL Mock Draft has Detroit picking 22nd and selecting Ohio State offensive tackle .
Lions Notes: Jim Schwartz Doesn't Want To Hear About Blown Calls
By Sean Yuille