- Chris McCosky got in contact with the agent of Gosder Cherilus to get an update on how the Detroit Lions offensive tackle is doing post-surgery. Instead of an update, he found out that the Lions put a gag order on agents. They are taking being secretive about injuries to a new level.
- The Lions in Winter put together some excellent statistical analyses of the Lions' defensive ends and defensive tackles.
- Pro Football Talk's latest mock draft has the Lions selecting USC offensive tackle Tyron Smith. He seems to be the popular pick for the Lions in post-combine mocks.
- Bill Simmons wrote an outstanding article about the NFL labor situation by comparing it to going through a set of hypothetical situations with growing a website. By the end of the article you will gain a better understanding of how the NFL got to where it is and why, at the end of the day, it's all about the money.
- I'm sure you've heard by now that Tiki Barber is coming out of retirement to attempt a comeback. Unsurprisingly the New York Giants aren't planning on hanging on to his rights once he returns, so he will become a free agent. All I will say about this news is the following: I know all free agents are discussed by us Lions fans just for conversation's sake, but do you honestly think they would sign a soon-to-be 36-year-old who hasn't played in the NFL since the 2006 season? Not bloody likely.