We're four hours away from the 2011 NFL Draft and time is running out to make predictions. As a result, I figured I would put up one more post where everybody can share any predictions they have for this year's draft.
My main predictions revolve around which positions the Detroit Lions will end up drafting when all is said and done. They have six picks going into the draft, and while that number could certainly change, I'm going to assume it doesn't and list six positions I think will be picked in the coming days:
- RB: The Lions seem to want to find a complement to Jahvid Best, and I think they will do that via the draft.
- WR: Detroit may not find a new third receiver in the draft, but I would expect them to take a wideout to improve depth at the position.
- DE: The defensive line is great already, but I expect the Lions to continue building this strength into an even bigger weapon.
- LB: The Lions are in need of adding potential starters at this position ...
- LB: ... and there is a need for depth, so I have the Lions taking two LBs in this year's draft.
- CB: Whether it's in the first round or later in the draft, I'd be shocked if the Lions don't take a corner.
Which positions do you see the Lions taking during the draft, and what other predictions do you have for it?
For more coverage of the 2011 NFL Draft (i.e. NFL mock drafts, draft projections, scouting reports, the full NFL Draft schedule, etc.), check out Mocking The Draft, SB Nation's NFL Draft hub, SB Nation Detroit's NFL Draft StoryStream and Pride Of Detroit's 2011 NFL Draft archive.