The Detroit Lions held their second lockout workout on Tuesday. After having around 30 players in attendance on Monday, approximately 35 players were at Detroit Country Day for the workout on Tuesday. Here's a rundown of news and notes from the workout:
- Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Sammie Hill and Louis Delmas attended Tuesday's workout after being absent on Monday. No linebackers or cornerbacks have showed up yet.
- Nick Fairley and Mikel Leshoure weren't at the first two workouts because they were in Los Angeles for Topps' NFL Rookie Premiere.
- Burleson immediately noticed Matthew Stafford's transformation size-wise.
- Calvin Johnson is pleased to see all the offensive weapons around him heading into next season.
- The Oakland Press has video of an interview with Johnson.
- Since the Lions had a full unit of offensive players in attendance on Tuesday, they ran some plays. By the end of the workouts on Thursday they could be running a two-minute drill just like they would at a normal OTA. It sounds like Stafford and Shaun Hill are doing a good job of playing the role of the coaches by installing the offense.
- Gosder Cherilus hopes to be fully recovered from microfracture surgery in time for next season.
- In case you're wondering where Jason Hanson has been, he is working out at a rehab clinic that was set up by the Lions before the NFL lockout began.