- Last week, Mike Ditka said that the Lions had last year's season opener against Chicago "stolen from them." He also said he doesn't care what the rule says, it is a "bad rule and it was interpreted wrong and it was officiated poorly." Amen to that.
- The Lions ended up winning Pro Football Talk's Hard Knocks poll.
- Bill Ford Jr. is "optimistic" there will be a season this year and he's "very optimistic" about the Lions' talent and Jim Schwartz.
- Tom Lewand is happy with how the Gold Cup at Ford Field went earlier this week. I attended the event and had fun, although there's no comparison between the excitement of American football and soccer. I will take a Lions game every time.
- The NFLPA's rookie symposium later this month will be held in Bradenton, Florida, rather than Washington D.C.
- The Lions used the least number of blockers per pass play on average last season.
- Marv Albert, known best for announcing NBA games, will call NFL games for CBS starting in 2011.
- Former Lions Barrett Brooks and Drew Henson will take part in the NFL's "Broadcast Boot Camp" later this month.
Lions Notes: Mike Ditka Thinks Detroit Got Robbed Against Bears Last Season
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.