- Lions rookie defensive tackle Nick Fairley is rated as a 77 overall in Madden 12.
- Pro Football Talk posted a list of 24 offensive players that could get cut when the new league year opens and teams are actually allowed to make roster moves. Unsurprisingly, the only Detroit Lions player on the list is wide receiver Bryant Johnson. He is set to make $3.2 million in 2011, making him a prime candidate to be released. He hasn't played all that well for the Lions in the two years he's been in Detroit, and with the addition of Titus Young this offseason, there isn't much incentive to keep him around.
- Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson has signed an endorsement deal to become the spokesperson of the Brann's Sizzling Steaks & Sports Grille chain of restaurants, which are local to Michigan.
- According to Adam Schefter, NFL gameday rosters will expand from 45 to 46 players next season. The reason for this change is that No. 3 quarterbacks will no longer be considered inactive.
- With players not working out at their teams' facilities over the last four months, some trainers are expecting to see a lot of injuries when training camps open.
Lions Notes: Nick Fairley's Madden 12 Rating Announced
By Sean Yuille