- With the NFL lockout now history, the MGM sportsbook has released odds for win totals in the 2011 season. The Lions' win total is set at 7.5. If you take the over, you think the Lions are going to be at least .500 in 2011. If not, you think they will finish with seven or less wins yet again. I personally would take the over, but what do you guys think?
- Tom Kowalski reports that as long as Jason Hanson is "healthy and durable," the starting kicker job will be his.
- A radio host in Kansas City says the Chiefs and Lions could be in a bidding war for Johnathan Joseph. I wouldn't put much credence in it, though. It's unlikely the Lions will get into a bidding war for any free agent this year.
- Erik Coleman will wear No. 24 with the Lions.
- Just as I suspected when it was first announced, Ndamukong Suh isn't going to be able to make it to his tweetup in Detroit because of a conflict with Lions training camp. He is calling upon Jalen Rose to step in for him, though.
- There is a Jahvid Best achievement in Madden 12.
- Donte Stallworth, who mentioned this summer he wouldn't mind playing in Detroit with Matthew Stafford, has agreed to a one-year deal with the Redskins.
Lions Notes: Over/Under For Wins In 2011 Set At 7.5
By Sean Yuille