- WR Marcus Harris (Murray State)
- WR Jared Jenkins (Wisconsin-Stevens Point)
- WR Dominique Barnes (Youngstown State)
- TE Preston Dial (Alabama)
- OG Pat Illig (Wofford)
- OG Jeff Maddux (Central Michigan)
- DE Narada Williams (Fort Valley State)
- LB Quentin Davie (Northwestern)
- LB Cobrani Mixon (Kent State)
- LB DeJuan Fulghum (Texas Southern)
- LB Daunte Akra (Wayne State)
- CB Branden Bufford (Howard)
- S Ricardo Silva (Hampton)
- P Ryan Donahue (Iowa)
These 14 players will join the Lions for practice tomorrow and start the tough process of competing for a spot on the 53-man roster. Most of these guys will ultimately end up competing for a spot on the practice squad, but it's always possible one or two of them could have a good enough camp and preseason to make the active squad. Just look at how Aaron Berry went from being a UDFA to picking off Jay Cutler in Week 1 last year. A lot can happen over the next month.
UPDATE: Keith Smith is not on the official list of signings. He was tweeting earlier today about getting ready for practice tomorrow, but it doesn't appear he has been signed (it's possible he could have failed his physical). Also, there are actually four new names, as Branden Bufford from Howard has been added to the list.
UPDATE II: The Lions just sent out another list, and this time there are 14 players on it. Youngstown State wide receiver Dominique Barnes is the new name on this version of the list.