- I want to give everybody a big thank you for helping Pride of Detroit break its single-month traffic record. The site has generated more than 260,000 page in views the last two days alone, which is just remarkable. (For all of the new readers, make sure you follow POD on Twitter and like POD on Facebook.)
- Single-game tickets for the Detroit Lions go on sale on Aug. 24. If you don't want to wait until then or want to buy preseason tickets, make sure to check out the tickets section on Pride of Detroit.
- It turns out Alphonso Smith isn't actually on the PUP list. Instead, he and Jeff Backus are on the active/non-football injury list. Both of them count against the Lions' roster.
- The Lions' official site has video from Friday's practice.
- It turns out NFL teams don't have a minimum cash spending requirement until 2013.
- Zack Follett is glad to be back with the Lions and back on the football field.
- Jim Schwartz had this to say about Aaron Berry on Friday:
"I thought Aaron Berry looked outstanding today; very, very quick and he’s a lot stronger than he was last year. He fell into that undrafted category last year where he didn’t know what to expect; he never really lifted before; he was skinny, he was quick and he could make a play but it was a lot different today. He told me that he’s been down training with (Jets CB Darrelle) Revis down in South Florida. I thought he looked very good."I like the sound of that.
- Ndamukong Suh watched the Simpsons yesterday on a person. Yes, you heard that correctly. He watched the show on a guy's shirt. Oh, technology.
- I want to give kudos to WXYZ for the great job they did with their Lions training camp report that aired on Friday. The show that aired after, which highlighted the 2010 season, was also very good. I think it's already safe to say they are a better TV partner for the Lions than CBS Detroit ever was.
- Tickets are on sale for the Lions Kickoff Luncheon, which will be held on Aug. 31 at 11 a.m.
- The Bears agreed to deals with Vernon Gholston and former Lion Roy Williams on Friday.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.