- In case you missed it, earlier this week Peter King was asked during an interview to give his pick for the Super Bowl. He decided to give a "little bit of an upset" and said the Detroit Lions "might" be a team that can get there. The caveat is he wants to see what the Lions do during free agency, but the fact that they are even being mentioned in the same sentence as the Super Bowl shows how far this franchise has come. Here's the video:
- The NFLPA recertified on Saturday. Lions player rep Kyle Vanden Bosch believes Detroit's vote was unanimously in favor of recertification.
- Lions offensive tackle Tony Ugoh restructured his deal on Saturday. As a result, he won't be able to practice until Aug. 4, which is also the case for players that were free agents after the lockout ended.
- Barry Sanders was one of the guests on the Rich Eisen Podcast this week.
- Bill Ford Jr. spoke to the media at Saturday's practice.
- After being released by the Texans, former Lions quarterback Dan Orlovsky is reportedly heading to Indianapolis to play for the Colts.
- Barrett Ruud has agreed to a deal with the Titans, meaning Stephen Tulloch likely won't be re-signing with them.
- The Bears signed Marion Barber on Saturday. Also, it's looking like center Olin Kreutz may not be returning to Chicago, which would be pretty good news for the Lions and their defensive line.
Lions Notes: Video Of Peter King's Lions Super Bowl Prediction
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.