- Former Titans coach Jeff Fisher was once again at practice on Wednesday. He was joined by actor and Michigan resident Jeff Daniels. Fisher said that he is very impressed by the job Jim Schwartz did last season despite all of the injuries he had to deal with. Fisher also said he thinks the Lions' defensive line can be "one of the top groups in the country" if the players can stay healthy.
- Brandon Pettigrew was out because of a "mild" ankle injury. He is considered day-to-day.
- Aaron Berry also missed practice and is day-to-day. He has a slight groin pull, according to Chris McCosky.
- Randy Phillips is dealing with a shoulder injury and was unable to practice today.
- Calvin Johnson didn't finish practice, but don't panic. Johnson isn't injured; his tape was simply too tight and the Lions decided to shut him down for the rest of practice.
- Titus Young once again was unable to practice.
Tom Leyden reports that Jeff Backus had his pads on "for a bit" today but didn't do anything in them. Perhaps it's at least a sign that his return is getting closer.
Detroit Lions Training Camp: Notes From Wednesday's Practice
By Sean Yuille