- Because of bad weather, the Detroit Lions had to move practice indoors and close it to the public on Sunday. If the weather cooperates, the next three days of practice are scheduled to be open to the public.
- The following players missed Sunday's practice: QB Drew Stanton, RB Maurice Morris, WR Titus Young, WR Calvin Johnson, OT Jeff Backus, OT Isaac Sowells, OT Jason Fox, DT Andre Fluellen, DT Quinn Pitcock, DT Nick Fairley, CB Alphonso Smith and S Randy Phillips.
- CB Chris Houston and CB Amari Spievey suffered injuries during practice. Houston couldn't finish the session, but he didn't consider the injury to be anything serious. Spievey was able to continue practicing.
- Stanton was out because he has two stitches in his elbow after suffering a puncture wound. The only reason he couldn't practice is because the Lions didn't want Stanton to sweat and risk an infection. As a result, Stanton may miss a few days, but it's nothing serious.
- Johnson was out with a bruised shoulder and is considered day-to-day.
- Backus apparently expects to be back in two weeks.
- TE Brandon Pettigrew and CB Aaron Berry both returned to practice on Sunday.
Detroit Lions Training Camp: Notes From Sunday's Practice
By Sean Yuille