- WR Calvin Johnson missed practice again due to his bruised shoulder.
- CB Eric Wright suffered a groin injury today and was unable to continue practicing. Fellow CB Chris Houston was unable to practice at all after hurting his groin on Sunday. Neither injury appears to be serious, though.
- DT Corey Williams rolled his ankle and had to leave practice early. His injury is not considered serious either.
- QB Drew Stanton returned to practice after sitting out on Sunday because of stitches in his right elbow. He had to have them after a helmet punctured his arm on Friday against the Bengals.
- WR Demario Ballard is the latest Lions player to be seen wearing a walking boot. He joins OT Jason Fox, who just got his cast off for a walking boot.
- CB Alphonso Smith was "running and cutting hard before practice," according to Chris McCosky. Hopefully that means he will return to practice soon.
- It seems OT Jeff Backus also may be returning soon.
- Also according to McCosky, WR Derrick Williams had three drops during practice. That's not a good sign for a player fighting for a spot on the team, especially after he dropped a couple passes against the Bengals.
Detroit Lions Training Camp: Injuries, Injuries, Injuries
By Sean Yuille