- The Detroit Lions have moved up Wednesday's open practice to 2:45 p.m. Originally it was scheduled to begin at 3:15 p.m.
- DT Nick Fairley is no longer wearing a cast on his injured foot. Instead he just has a walking boot, which allowed him to watch practice from the sidelines for the first time since he had surgery. Since the Lions didn't want him to be on the field and anywhere near the action with a cast and crutches, he was forced to observe from a distance.
- DT Corey Williams, CB Chris Houston and CB Eric Wright were among the players out today. All three of them are day-to-day.
- WR Titus Young once again missed practice.
- QB Shaun Hill didn't take any reps today because Jim Schwartz wanted Drew Stanton and Zac Robinson to get more action than they usually do.
- WR Demario Ballard is considered day-to-day with a foot injury.
Detroit Lions Training Camp: Nick Fairley Making Progress
By Sean Yuille