- Running back Jahvid Best was out again because of his concussion, but Jim Schwartz reiterated that Best is expected to return "pretty soon."
- Defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch missed practice for the second day in a row, but as speculated, he doesn't have an injury. The Lions are just resting him, although he isn't all that thrilled with being kept off the field.
"I mean, I hate rest," he said, "but I always want to do what's in the best interest of this team. I'm here to help us win games, so if we feel like guys need rest and certain guys need more work, then that's what we're going to do."
- In addition to Best and Vanden Bosch, the Lions were also without tight end Richard Dickson, offensive tackle Jason Fox, defensive tackle Nick Fairley, defensive tackle Andre Fluellen and cornerback Alphonso Smith on Monday.
- After missing Sunday's practice, fullback Matt Clapp, offensive tackle Corey Hilliard and defensive tackle Quinn Pitcock returned on Monday.
- Wide receiver Calvin Johnson said his shoulder is sore, but he is "working through it."
- Cornerback Aaron Berry and safety Erik Coleman got some work with the No. 1 defense today.
- Several former Lions players attended Monday's practice, including Mel Farr, Maurice Harvey, Allen Hughes, Scott Kowalkowski, Rudy Redmond, Larry Tharpe and Bobby Thompson
Detroit Lions Training Camp: Notes From Monday's Practice
By Sean Yuille