- The start of Wednesday's practice was delayed 45 minutes so the fields could dry a bit more after some rain came through. The Lions could have just moved it indoors, but they presumably wanted to keep it outside and open to the fans.
- The following players missed Wednesday's practice: RB Maurice Morris, WR Titus Young, TE Richard Dickson, LT Jeff Backus, RT Gosder Cherilus, DT Nick Fairley and CB Alphonso Smith
- CB Jack Williams also missed Wednesday's practice, and he was released later in the day.
- Morris originally hurt his hand on Tuesday and was wearing a cast on Wednesday. Jim Schwartz said Morris has a "little crack" in it, but it's not serious.
- The combination of injuries and free agents not being able to practice has given the coaching staff a chance to get a look at a lot of backups, especially on the offensive line.
- Mikel Leshoure says he is still getting adjusted to the speed and tempo of practice at the professional level.
- Tom Kowalski writes that Nathan Vasher is having a good camp so far.
- Thursday's practice is set to begin at 4:15 p.m. and will be open to the public. If the new CBA is ratified before then, everybody on the Lions' roster will finally be allowed to practice.
- Friday's practice will be open to invited season ticket holders, whereas Saturday's session will be open to the general public. No times have been set just yet, though.
Detroit Lions Training Camp: Notes From Wednesday's Practice
By Sean Yuille