- Cliff Avril says he will be in Allen Park for Lions practice on Thursday, indicating that he will sign his one-year tendered offer. There is a report that the players and owners have reached an agreement on the final CBA, meaning that Avril (if he signs) and the other one-time free agents now under contract will finally be able to practice.
- One reason Avril may have waited until now to decide to sign his tender is because he became a father on Wednesday. By not being under contract, he was able to focus squarely on that situation.
- DeAndre Levy says that the linebackers will "shuffle guys out" and "see what the best match is in all three spots" to determine where everybody should play.
- Calvin Johnson is rated 93 overall in Madden 12.
- Adam Schefter reports that the Lions are actually $8 million over the salary cap. It looks like the front office will be busy restructuring contracts on Thursday.
- Zack Follett posted a video thanking fans for their support over the last couple years.
- Chris Houston said "it felt good" to re-sign with the Lions.
- The Free Press has a recap of Kyle Vanden Bosch's interview on Jim Rome.
- Speaking of Houston, the Twitter account with his name on it that popped up over the weekend is legitimate.
- The Hilton has set the over/under for wins by the Lions next season at eight.
- Joey Harrington was released from the hospital on Wednesday.
Lions Notes: Cliff Avril Set To Sign Tendered Offer?
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.