- The start times have been set for the next two Detroit Lions practices. Both the practice on Friday and the one on Saturday will begin at 9:15 a.m. The one on Friday is only open to invited season ticket holders, whereas Saturday's is open to the general public. In fact, Saturday's practice is being designated "Kids Day at Lions Camp." The Lions' official site has more information.
- NFL Network has released its schedule for when 2011 preseason games will be re-aired. Here are the dates/times for Lions games: vs. Bengals - Aug. 13, 10 a.m., at Browns - Aug. 21, 10 a.m., vs. Patriots - Aug. 29, 2 a.m. and at Bills - Sept. 3, 7 a.m. (Via SideLion Report)
- The Detroit Lions' overall rating in Madden 12 is only a 76, which places them third in the NFC North.
- Jim Schwartz says Nick Fairley will be busy with classroom work and lifting while he misses practice due to foot surgery.
- SI's Peter King was asked on Twitter if nine wins are possible for the Lions if Matthew Stafford stays healthy. His answer: "No, but 12 are." I think it's safe to say King is drinking the Lions Kool-Aid.
- Even though he's on the Lions now, Rashied Davis still says that the call at the end of last year's Lions-Bears game involving Calvin Johnson was correct. Davis admits that Johnson technically caught the ball, but he says "the rules are what the rules are."
- Tom Lewand released a statement on the CBA being ratified.