- Titus Young and Gosder Cherilus were among the players that missed practice on Friday.
- Jeff Backus and Alphonso Smith remain on the active/non-football injury list, but Smith is no longer wearing a boot on his broken foot.
- Andre Fluellen broke his hand on Thursday after it got caught in a facemask. He had a cast on his hand and will likely play with a club on it.
- Chris Houston started at left cornerback and Eric Wright was the starter at right cornerback for the Lions. DeAndre Levy continued to start at middle linebacker.
- Tom Kowalski writes that Demario Ballard hasn't gotten many reps the last two days with all of the free agents being able to practice. Kowalski also writes that Derrick Williams was the Lions' third wide receiver with Young still out. The next set of receivers includes Rashied Davis, Tim Toone and Maurice Stovall.
- Chris McCosky noted that Dominic Raiola and Levy were getting into it during a drill until Jim Schwartz said, "That's enough."
- Paula Pasche said that Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson put on another show during today's practice. It seems every day the two are connecting for big plays.
Detroit Lions Training Camp: Notes From Friday's Practice
By Sean Yuille