- Mikel Leshoure is the 10th NFL player to hurt his Achilles so far during training camp. Thanks again, lockout.
According to Dave Birkett, the Detroit Lions worked out defensive ends Ricky Sapp and Keith Darbut on Monday. Adam Caplan reports that defensive end Jay Richardson also worked out for Detroit
- Stephen Peterman says he wouldn't be surprised if Jahvid Best makes the Pro Bowl.
- Running back Ricky Williams signed with the Ravens on Monday, so forget about him as a possibility to replace Leshoure for 2011.
- Best says Leshoure's injury is a "minor setback."
- Because a national game is being televised on FOX on Friday, WXMI is going to have to broadcast the Lions-Bengals game on tape-delay. Chances are it will be tape-delayed locally as well since it's unlikely the game will be sold out.
- The Lions' official site has audio from interviews on Sirius NFL Radio with Matthew Stafford, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Calvin Johnson and Jim Schwartz.
- This year's supplemental draft is apparently going to be held on Aug. 17, although no players have been declared eligible for it just yet.
- FOX announced its broadcasting teams for the 2011 NFL season, and the list is really awful from top to bottom aside from Gus Johnson.
- The Madden 12 demo comes out on Tuesday.
- Voting is closing soon for the best local blog on Detroit A-List, so make sure to head on over and vote for Pride of Detroit.
Lions Notes: Mikel Leshoure Far From The Only NFL Player To Suffer Achilles Injury
By Sean Yuille