- There has been some talk in the last couple of days about how Corey Hilliard could potentially replace Gosder Cherilus as the starting right tackle for Sunday's game against the Chiefs. This is based on Jim Schwartz's refusal to comment on the depth chart, the fact that Hilliard has taken first-team reps this week and Cherilus' awful personal foul penalty at the end of last week's game. Personally I think it's just speculation more than anything, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Schwartz benched Cherilus over what transpired in Tampa Bay.
- Calvin Johnson is the best receiver in football if you ask Houston's Andre Johnson.
- Dominic Raiola approves of Tom Brady's call for fans to "start drinking early" and "get nice and rowdy." The Patriots weren't fond of the comments and released a statement about being responsible as damage control, but Raiola thinks it's all about being politically correct. In fact, he said "fans are going to do it anyway, so what's wrong with saying it." He thinks Lions fans should get started around 8:30 a.m. to get ready for the 1 p.m. kickoff.
- With Boise State playing in Toledo on Friday night, Titus Young was able to watch his former team in person.
- Stefan Logan is getting "antsy" over the lack of opportunities to return kicks. Even so, he's not going to get greedy and take one out of the back of the end zone and potentially cost the Lions field position.
- Calvin Johnson is in a new commercial for Brann's Steakhouse and Grille.
- National Football Post recently looked at if Ndamukong Suh is the next Reggie White.
Lions Notes: Who Will Start At Right Tackle On Sunday?
By Sean Yuille