- The Lions are slated to take Stanford offensive tackle Jonathan Martin in SB Nation's latest 2012 NFL mock draft. Personally, I don't think they can go wrong with picking one of the Stanford offensive linemen.
- Former Lions wide receiver Derrick Williams has signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Despite his miserable stint as Lions head coach from 2001-02, Marty Mornhinweg appears to be on the verge of once again being hired as a head coach. He reportedly will interview for the Oakland Raiders' head coaching job, and he is actually the favorite to land the Indianapolis Colts' head coaching job.
- Speaking of the Colts, they are also apparently interested in former Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel and former Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress. That is not a very impressive list of candidates, to say the very least.
- The New Orleans Saints have hired former St. Louis Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator. Spagnuolo replaces Gregg Williams, who left to be the Rams' new defensive coordinator.
- Darren Rovell is reporting that Nike may not be planning on completely changing NFL uniforms in year one of its deal with the league.
Lions Notes: Marty Mornhinweg Drawing Interest For Head Coaching Vacancies
By Sean Yuille